Thursday, December 18, 2008

Learning about Inbound Marketing

About two weeks ago, I registered for a webinar from Hubspot.com on Marketing in a Recession. Today I finished watching it. (The holidays are keeping me busy.) Yesterday, they had the follow-up video called, How to Combine SEO, Blogging, and Social Media for Results. I'm looking forward to watching that one. But for right now, I'd like to share what I learned about inbound marketing...

I liked the comparisons they made with the Budget vs. Brains. It was very easy to understand. With a budget, you're mostly thinking about the money; how much will get you so far. When you use your brains, you can become more creative with marketing and get more out of it; leads. So, how can you use your brains to do marketing with no money?! Simple, here's a list to start off with:
  • TechCrunch
  • RSS
  • YouTube
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Del.icio.us
  • slideshare
  • itunes
  • ebooks
  • digg
  • flickr
  • viddler
  • photobucket
  • blip.tv
  • upcoming.org
  • revver
  • yelp
  • google groups
  • podcast.net
  • squidoo
  • stumbleupon
  • reddit
  • mixx

Did I leave anything out? :)

And most importantly, when you publish content to these sites listed above, make sure it's QUALITY CONTENT. Give the people something interesting to read, help them out with a problem, and they're (hopefully) buy your product.

I've been doing SEO research all month on how cheaply I can advertise a new site I'm working on. It looks like now I have a lot of work to do!

Also, here's a parody of a music video for inbound marketing to help with motivation: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/4437/You-Oughta-Know-Inbound-Marketing.aspx

Thanks to Hubspot.com for an awesome webinar. I can't wait to get time to watch the latest one.

No comments: