Thursday, July 10, 2008

I found a secret stracciatella yogurt

Every time I come back from Germany, I always miss the yogurt and quark. I'm not a big fan of yogurt, but I recently bought a cup of Stonyfield Farm Organic Vanilla Truffle whole milk yogurt. It was on sale and I decided to get that flavor.
So this morning, I opened it and mixed the cream with the truffle at the bottom. Took one taste and it was like stracciatella from Europe. BTW, stracciatella is vanilla with chocolate shavings. You can find more info here.
I plan to buy more of this stuff. I think it was the first time I ever really enjoyed yogurt in the States.

02/10/2011 Edit:
Stonyfield Farm doesn't make the Organic Vanilla Truffle whole milk yogurt anymore. Instead try the Stonyfield Farm Organic Chocolate Underground whole milk yogurt. It's still the closest taste I've found for stracciatella yogurt in the USA.

No comments: