Friday, August 31, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect

Now, I know I'm not the coding expert I would like to be, but it's not like I'm clueless on what I'm doing so far. I only have 3 solid years experience with CSS and XHTML, and most of that I taught myself!

My feathers got ruffled today at work. I was told not to code for the time being, which is understandable. One side of me takes this personally, as a web designer. The other side sees this as only business, in that the designs need to be completed by Tuesday. I'm trying not to take it personally. Really, I shouldn't, because most of the work is the coding.

But back to my experience... I know I'm just starting out in the real world. And right now, there's SO much I want to learn and do, and I have all these ideas running through my head for site designs. I just don't have the time right now to do anything of this. I mean, I read any books I buy practically the same day.

I will be a CSS and XHTML expert one day, maybe in 4 years. (I was thinking that having 7 years experience in the field is a good, rounded number.)

No comments: